Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a Username and Password Prior to Registering?
No. New HVCA registrants will be asked to set up an account as part of the registration process.
If you have previously signed up / registered:
If you have NOT previously signed up / registered:
- Once registration opens, you will first select the classes you wish to register in and press the CHECKOUT button.
- As a new member you will be asked to enter your name, email address, and a password of your choice.
- In the future you will use your email address and chosen password to login again.
- If you are having troubles signing in as a new member:
- Make sure that your e-mail address matches in both boxes and that your password is at LEAST 6 characters long.
- Also, make sure you have not already registered with your email address previously. To test if you have already registered, try entering in your email address and password that you had chosen (or click on forgot password).
Do I need to remember my membership number?
- You will not need to know your membership number to register for courses. You will simply need to login using your email address and password.
- If you are a new member, your membership number will be automatically generated with your registration purchase.
When will I need to renew my membership?
- Memberships expire July 31st each year.
- Your membership number will be valid for all family members registering in your household.
- Your membership will be automatically renewed once a year beginning in mid August ($10.00 annual fee) as part of the registration process (regardless of what month you purchased the membership).
- If you have a membership from another City Community Association, the HVCA honors this. You will need to indicate where you hold another membership from when registering.
- If you have a membership renewal issue, please email us with detailed information about the problem.
What if I want to sign up more than one family member per program?
You can sign all members of your family up for programs on your account. First, add the programs to your shopping cart, then, change the quantity to the number of family members that you want to register for the program. Make sure to click "Update Quantities" on your shopping cart or the new quantity may not be saved. Later on, you'll be able to assign them to the program.
Do I need to specify birth date information?
It is very important for the instructors to have birth date information so please ensure all participant birth dates are entered correctly.
What payment types are accepted? What about refunds?
Our registration system allows payment with credit card only
DEBIT cards such as Interac, Visa Debit, MasterCard Debit are not recognized.
Cheque payment is an option for you during our in-person registration night. Cheques for classes can be made out to HVCA.
- Classes are non-refundable unless the class is cancelled. Membership fees are non-refundable.
Is this website secure? Is my credit card information safe?
- This website is secured with 256 bit encryption. The HVCA does NOT get to see OR store your credit card information (only our web merchant account, PayPal Website Payments Pro handles your credit card information and only stores it temporarily).
- All payments are processed using strong encryption through a secure server (you can see the lock symbol in your browser and we will have a verification badge on the final payment screen).
My friend is going to be away and has asked me to sign them up
If you want to register a friend (who does not live with you) up for their programs as well, please obtain their login information and sign them up on their own account. Do not sign them up on your account. They need to pay for their own membership and have their own contact information and emergency contact information. This will make our record keeping much easier! Thank you for your co-operation.
My email has changed since I opened up my account
If your email (login) has changed since you opened up your account, please open up a new account with your new email address. Indicate your previous membership number in order to avoid being charged another membership fee.
The buttons just don't seem to be working for me
As the system is still relatively new, and as with computers in general, sometimes there are a few kinks in the road that we will need to iron out over time. Remember that during heavier registration times, the response time may be slower.
Volunteers maintain this system, so please try the following solutions before e-mailing or calling us us.
Make sure your browser is up to date. This can usually be done by going to your browser's top menu and finding the "About" tab. Although you should not have to, you may want to try a 2nd browser, just in case. There should be an update button there. Or, go to the browser you are using's homepage. ie: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari. Either way please detail out the error to us at email@example.com